This week we got to see Governor Kasich’s two-year budget proposal, and below are some important pieces that you should know:
- The budget is for a total of $144 billion over two years.
- There will be $39 million in tax cuts and a 5 percent fixed-rate tax on crude oil and natural gas.
- Ohio schools will get $200 million more over the next two years.
- More money will be given to drug addiction treatment programs to help fight the heroin epidemic.
- There will be a tuition freeze at public universities.
Next, the budget will go into the House Finance Committee, where my colleagues and I will go over the budget and make changes.
I will continue to make sure Ohio’s budget is working for you.